Post workout yesterday I found myself cooking topless because I was doing laundry and it was a quite a gratifying experience. Then I started to make a mental list of things I enjoy about being the only human in my house right now.
1. Cooking topless. You may have cooked sans pants because that’s more socially normal but I have to stay cooking sans shirt can be quite pleasant. How often do your boobs get to experience freedom?
2. Watching bad movies sans other human judgement. I love bad romantic movies. I hate when people ruin them with their peasant opinions.
3. Eating alone in a restaurant. As someone with a number of painful anxieties, you would think eating alone would be awful. But its great. I don’t have to worry about sharing or people just wanting appetizers or thinking that I eat like a cow. The wait staff always seems nicer and I can play on my phone or read. It’s great.
4. Tourism is great when you are alone. No talking, no planning. You kind of just decide to go and no one has to know. You dont even have to pack snacks if you don’t want to. Sometimes I just randomly go to a historical place and its great. Except right now because its cold and snowy.
5. Ok I’m back to food again but when you are alone no one is going to hate on your weird food combos. Like two weeks ago I ate frozen peas and raw brussel sprouts for dinner. I’m not sure whether that’s depression or freeing but no one was going to complain about it either.
6. Sitting in your car alone is pretty great too. You can listen to music, read, or kind of just hang out. You can hang out in a car with very few people without it getting weird. I write in the car.
7. Ugly laughing is much more fun in the privacy of the alone cone. Explaining to another human why I find fat cats so hilarious is never as funny to another person as it is to me.
I mean, how can you not love that.
8. Taking weird selfies. Can’t do the below with another human around
9. Dog shaming isn’t nearly as fun when another human is around to be all like stoppppp
10. I find hair styling videos and cake making videos mesmerizing. You simply cannot watch those with another human and truly relax.